All graphics tagged "Original post" are made by me. U may repost/use them, just DO NOT credit them as ur own. It would be nice if u could acknowledge that the graphics came from me (tantsy) or link them to http://graphixfocuz.blogspot.com/ though it's not necessary! :D THX!
Shout out to all Freddie fans out there!
Just in case y’all are interested, I was watching this old MV (Dave Wong’s 王杰 跟往事干杯) when I spotted Fred Cheng 郑俊弘 in there (0:22, 3:43)! There’s Boy’z and Joey Yung 容祖儿 in there too (among others I can’t quite identify). :P
Asked by Anonymous
Hmm…this is a hard one, but a few that came to mind are:
- Love is Beautiful (tvb) : unlike the title, the whole drama was so sad, majority of it was the main character trying to win the King’s love again after the evil character switches face with her. Though she finally got her happy ending, but you just felt bitter about what she had to go through, even her biological son despises her and everything and how the King treats her, you just want to smack everyone and tell the main character - the King is too shallow and just move on… Even though this drama was filled with disaster, the acting was really impressive between the two main characters. I think this was also one of Pierre Ngo’s first roles that I remembered and one of the child actor was really great too!
- Xiao Zhuang Epic: The undying love Dorgon has for Da Yu, being portrayed by Steve Ma and Ning Jing. Ever since the beginning, you know their love story cannot happen and shouldn’t, but you just can’t help to root for this star-crossed pairing.
- Lan Ling Wang: I haven’t watched the whole thing, but I expect it to have some sad parts.
Other Non-historical tearjerker:
- Chinese Paladin 1
- Butterfly Lovers: there are many different versions out there, but the one I saw was with Show Luo and Noel Leung. That version was probably unnecessary lengthy and uncalled for a rape scene. First half was fun and cute, second half was sad and too much drama.
- The White Snake Maiden: also different variations.
- Dark Tales 2 (tvb): each of the stories will make you cry. The second story about the bird was a major tearjerker for me. Still very upset about it since it was probably one of the stories in there that didn’t have a happy ending.
- Romance in the Rain: if you like Plum Blossom, then this is another tear jerker Qiong Yao’s drama starring Vicki and Ruby. The entire family has problems from the dad to all the children.
- Xue Ke: this one is an old drama by Qiong Yao as well. I haven’t watch it, but I read the story and it was a tearjerker from the beginning. Girl ran away with lover, but got caught by her parents. She gave birth to the child, but forced to marry another man - forging her chastity. Filled with guilt, she tells her new husband. Her new family abuses her and treats her poorly, while the husband marry himself another wife. One day, her daughter and lover come looking for her again.
- Love Story in Shanghai : old drama with Chen Kun, Zhou Xun, Lu Yi, and Li Xiao Ran… Everyone’s stories were sad…I think most of the main characters all died or went insane, overall very tragic since one person would love another person who don’t love them/or just didn’t end up together - so it was a long chain of unhappy people …
Note: I don’t think any of these have English subs to them, even finding them to watch is hard to do. =(
Anyways, there will be more historical dramas coming out late August.
The Virtuous Queen of Han will be coming out August 20th, so we’ll be expecting more historical dramas line up late this year! =)
This reminds me, I need to go watch Love is Beautiful! And other old dramas Kanin acted in!
Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain 寒山潜龙 - Lin Xiawei 林夏薇 and Ngo Kanin 敖嘉年 as Yeung Mau 杨卯 and Ngau Dai Lik 牛大力
I know I talked abt a hiatus but I love this series and esp this pairing so much I decided to do a graphic. Hope u all like it!
PS: Heehee I’m looking fwd to this scene. :)